After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Communicate with the RPi from your desktop computer using a network connection.
- Communicate with the RPi using a fallback serial connection with a USB to-TTL 3.3 V cable.
- Interact with and control the RPi using simple Linux commands.
- Perform basic file editing using a Linux shell terminal.
- Manage Linux packages and set the system time.
- Use RPi-specific utilities to further configure the RPi.
- Use Linux sysfs to affect the state of the RPi onboard LEDs.
- Safely shut down and reboot the RPi.