After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Install a cross-compilation toolchain on desktop Linux that can be used to build applications for the RPi using your desktop PC.
- Use a package manager to install multi-architecture third-party libraries that may be required for cross-compilation.
- Emulate the ARM architecture on the desktop PC using QEMU.
- Install and configure the Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) for cross-compilation to build RPi applications.
- Configure Eclipse for remote deployment of applications, remote debugging, GitHub integration, and automated documentation.
- Build a custom Linux kernel and deploy it to the RPi.